Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Japan - Part One

So because of the lack of computer and internet I unfortunately could not update my blog while I was in Japan. So I will try to go back and fill in from the beginning but it is never as good if it isn't fresh. This is sort of the out line for my trip to Japan though.

The first week I spent with 6 other students, we went early and decided to explore on our own a little bit before the program started. We started in Osaka and spent two days exploring the big city. Then we moved to Nara where we spent three days exploring more historical type places including a ninja village! Then we went to Kyoto where we relaxed a little bit before we started the program there. So for some pictures because those are always the best part!


Osaka

We went to the huge aquarium because they have whale sharks...


We rode the Largest Ferris in the World (Me and my friend Jordi)


We went to Osaka Castle (this is my friend Cody posed in front of it)


Also we enjoyed the Night Lights and walking around the big City


Nara
We went to Temples





Played in the Deer Park


Went to Iga Ueno (an old ninja village with a castle and ninja house)





Rode the Train alot




Kyoto
Walked the Imperial Grounds


Visited My Old House


Played in The River



I will try to keep this more up to date now... and Get caught up on Japan as I go. Right now I am back in Missouri and I head back out to school in about 5 days! So everyone out in Utah and Idaho direction I hope I see you soon!

3 comments:

Chad and Elizabeth said...

Yay! A blog update! I want to go to Japan so bad. Its cool you got to see your old house. I can't wait to see you soon. Plan a time in late October or November to come visit me! Also, call me soon so we can chat!

thewalnut said...

I like it and it gives me inspiration to actually write on mine too :P. I miss Japan.

cjt1959 said...

Wow! I remembered some of those places from years ago when I visited you guys over there!!! So great you got to go back! I would love to go there sometime with you as guide!
Call me about Thanksgiving!!!